CableLabs invents new ways to keep people connected by making broadband faster and more responsive, reliable and secure, cementing the cable network as the platform of choice for enjoying incredible experiences in entertainment and connectivity.
As the leading innovation and R&D lab for the cable industry, CableLabs creates global impact through its member companies around the world and its subsidiaries, Kyrio and SCTE. With a state-of-the-art research and innovation facility and collaborative ecosystem with thousands of vendors, CableLabs delivers impactful network technologies for the entire industry.
Logos & Usage
This is the official CableLabs logo and our most valuable brand asset. For placement, please allow for the appropriate space around the logo in order to maximize its impact. When referring to the name “CableLabs,” please follow our guidelines on correct letter case and spacing.
visit our Brandfolder page.
To request CableLabs’ participation in an event and/or webinar opportunity, please fill out the following form with your information and we’ll respond to you in a timely manner:
CableLabs works to ensure that all announcements containing its name, logo or any reference to the organization, its subsidiaries (Kyrio and SCTE), specifications and members maintain an image that is consistent with our mission statement, trademark and usage agreements.
CableLabs defines an announcement as any material (print, electronic, video or audio) designed to facilitate media coverage or directly inform audiences (customers, investors, partners and press).
- CableLabs must approve all third-party announcements that include reference to the organization or its employees and reserves the right to approve, deny and edit content, in part or in whole.
- Quotes from CableLabs will not promote the vendor or the vendor’s product in any way. Quotes can refer to the “need” that is met by the product or the vendor.
- Other third-party marketing requests for support for items that will be publicly visible for a significant period, such as marketing materials (websites, product collateral, customer listings, etc.) require additional approvals.
- Specifications must cite CableLabs’ trademarks according to the CableLabs Trademark Guidelines.
Certification announcements via press release or blog post require the following additional criteria for consideration:
- Identify the certification wave in which the vendor participated
- Cite the product model number
- Identify whether the product was “certified” or “qualified”
- Cite products that have been designed according to CableLabs’ specifications using the phrase “manufactured in compliance with the XYZ CableLabs Project specification”
- Certification: Product complies to the specification as determined by the Certification Board for Retail Sale.
- Qualification: Product complies to the specification as determined by the Certification Board for Cable Operator Purchase.
- Wave: CableLabs scheduled certification wave number when vendor-submitted product was tested, or when a product will be tested in the future.
All announcements (press releases, blog posts, videos, etc.) related to or referencing CableLabs, its projects, CableLabs’ certified/qualified products, CableLabs’ non-certified/qualified products, products based on CableLabs’ specifications, or quoting CableLabs employees must be reviewed at least seven working days prior to their release by CableLabs.
Notice: If the vendor company does not clear the announcement with CableLabs, the company’s legal counsel may be notified with CableLabs’ concern about making misleading statements. Non-clearing announcements may result in CableLabs not accepting a device for certification.